Why do I Need a Real Estate Agent | From Buyer to my Ears
So you are looking to buy a home without a real estate agent and say to me I don't see why I need one? For someone who has owned a
piece of RI real estate before or has not, the same reasoning applies. You need to know the touch points that give you the expertise in the real estate field. Why? Because today home buying can be a lot like doing the home buying limbo.
To ensure you get the best deal negotiated, at the right sales price, for the right home, right home inspector, true market comparable sold measurement stats, find out the true house history, discover facts about a neighborhood important to the transaction and ensure you are protected.
Sure some home buyers may not need a RI real estate agent to guide them but will they probably pay more for their home without a real estate agent.
In fact, the National Association of Realtors (NAR) says 22% of homeowners pay for their home without a real estate agent based upon current studies of past buyers. When a real estate agent aka, buyer’s agent represents you, you are depending on someone who has expertise that you do not have. You don't do a repair job you have no idea how to do so why would you buy a home when you have little knowledge of all the various and difficult steps that need to be done right. Hire a professional who knows how to represent you and negotiate for your interests in the real estate field. And yes, at NO cost to you since the seller pays the fee.
Home buyers questions to ask yourself :
- Do I understand the current local real estate market to ensure I am not overpaying for a home? Sites like Zillow and Trulia use averages on a geographical area, have no idea of updates in a home and are not accurate for comparable sale data.
- Can I research septic and sewer needs and requirements, easements/rights of ways, new construction issues and inspection clauses?
- Understand zoning requirements?
- Interpret flood maps, flood insurance and Coastal Resource requirements and Environmental impact restrictions on property you are considering buying?
- Can you negotiate well and skillfully? It is an art to negotiating a sale for many a home deal has gone belly up because of the lack of skill sets here.
- Putting together the RIGHT team to get the home sale done.
These are just some on the concerns and questions you need to ask yourself. If you can do all of the above, you probably can represent yourself. But otherwise why would you be your own real estate agent and take the chance of leaving money on the table? I certainly can be of service to you in the RI coastal landscape. It is my business to know RI real estate inside and out. RI coastal and waterfront real estate is my forte. If you need assistance, please reach out to me and call me Ginny Lacey Gorman at 401.529.7849. Why do I Need a Real Estate Agent | From Buyer to my Ears.
This blog © and its contents is original to Ginny Lacey Gorman
Ginny L. Gorman, a purveyor of Fine RI Waterfront Real Estate
Specializing in waterfront, ocean front, vacation, coastal and luxury homes for sale in North Kingstown, South Kingstown, Narragansett, Jamestown, Charlestown, East Greenwich, Exeter, West Greenwich RI and beyond ... I sell dreams! Because there is no place like home...the RI Real Estate Agent in the Sparkly Red Shoes.
Looking for a knowledgeable Rhode Island Real Estate Agent? Let me GOOGLE one for you!
cell: 401.529.7849 Ginny Lacey Gorman, Realtor